List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KZip failing to write
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-02-27 0:24:55

On Monday 22 February 2010, Shantanu Tushar Jha wrote:
> Hello,
> We're using the following code in Plasmate's publisher component-
>
>     bool ret = true;
>     KZip plasmoid(targetFile.path());
>     if (!plasmoid.open(QIODevice::WriteOnly)) {
>         return false;
>     }
>     kDebug() << "Adding...";
>     ret = plasmoid.addLocalDirectory(toExport.path(), ".");
>     kDebug() << "Done!";
>     plasmoid.close();

Looks ok to me.

> After printing "Adding...", the app stops responding for a while and the
> prints the following output -
>
> plasmate(4069)/kio (Filter) KFilterDev::writeData: KFilterDev::write. Could
> only write  -1  out of  8192  bytes

What's the value of targetFile.path(), and what's in the "local directory"
toExport.path()?  (files? subdirs? symlinks? sockets?)

> Any idea what might be wrong?

No permission to write into targetFile.path(), maybe?
Or targetFile.path() points to a directory, or is empty.

I just wrote a unittest for karchivetest, to test the simplest invocation of
addLocalDirectory (with a single file in the directory, for now), and it
appears to work fine.

Please CC me in your answers, I don't monitor kde-devel (I'm subscribed but I
don't read it unless I'm told about a mail for me on it).

--
David Faure, faure@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr