List:       kde-devel
Subject:    How can I modify KDE window layout and behavior?
From:       Evan Kroske <e.kroske () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-02-26 21:39:16

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I'm trying to figure out how to modify KDE to behave like 10gui's Con10uum
interface concept (video: http://10gui.com/video/.) In the new interface,
windows are laid out in a long horizontal strip that extends beyond the edge
of the desktop. Users can scroll left and right to view offscreen windows.
The window titlebars appear on the left side of the windows; "minimizing" a
window collapses it into its titlebar.

Is it feasible to modify KDE's behavior this much, or should I start
preparing my own window manager? Is there an existing desktop (not
smartphone) window manager that already uses this interface?

--
Evan Kroske
http://welcome2obscurity.blogspot.com/