List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: slow restoring of applications from tray
From:       Michael Szafranek <michsza () gmx ! de>
Date:       2010-02-20 21:48:04

Am 20. Februar 2010 13:19:21 schrieb Thomas Lübking:
> Am Saturday 20 February 2010 schrieb Michael Szafranek:
> > Sorry, i did not mean compiz but compositing of kwin.  So it's probably a
> > kwin problem.
>
> Have you magic lamp, minimize animation, scale in or fade plugins
> activated? Tried to disable one?
No, they are already deactivated. Windows minimized to the taskbar are
restored quite quick only if they minimized to tray it takes much time.

> Are you using opengl or Xrender and what's your gpu?
> Maybe it's in powersave mode?
I tried both but there was no real difference.

> Is e.g. the present windows effect instant (after some gpu resting)
No, it does not matter. It is always reproducable.

> >> unsubscribe <<

But i did some investigation and changed the xorg video driver to
xf86-video-ati instead of ATI's fglrx driver. After changing the driver
performance was significantly better than before. So perhaps the problem is
initially caused by the fglrx driver.