List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kbuildsycoca is unable to register with DCOP.
From:       Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-02-11 21:35:47

> This is mostly unrelated to what I said. All I explained is that my
> personal experience has shown that in my particular case it was better
> and easier to remove all remaining kde3 bits, as I didn't need any of it
> anyway. And I don't think suggesting to remove kde3 stuff if its
> unneeded is a wrong or misleading thing to do. Its not only safer, it
> also keeps your system clean, making it less probable to run into
> problems later on when upgrading things to new versions.

My 2 cents - entirely my fault, I'm well aware of the issues in having
KDE3/KDE4 mixed, I just forgot all about kbuildsycoca(4).

These days I have very few if any KDE3 programs installed. And if you're
running kbuildsycoca4 from the command line you should be clued up/alert
enough to notice when you're actually running the kde3 version :(

--
Lindsay
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home