List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Cleanup KDE Admin Module
From:       Andreas Marschke <xxtjaxx () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2010-02-10 1:10:15

Am Mittwoch 10 Februar 2010 01:37:04 schrieb Nicolas Ternisien:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I contacted the guy that is developing KGrubEditor and here is what he
> > said: > Yeah, I am planning on implementing GRUB2 support, but it won\'t
> > be before this
> >
> >> summer. Right now I don\'t actively work on KGRUBEditor, since my
> >> schedule
> >
> > is
> >
> >> too tight . I will most probably be back on it when this summer begins
> >> or maybe after it (autumn).
> >
> > So after summer(or later) we could possibly add him to the admin module
> > (I think).
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Andreas Marschke.
>
> You are faster than me ;-) Ok, then, KGrubEditor could be added, if
> everything goes well, for KDE 4.6? As we've got many unmaintained
> applications in KDE Admin module, I would personally rather wait and
> keep a statu quo. What do you think about it?
>
> Cheers.
>
> Nicolas

> >> unsubscribe <<

Well I  think this will make him pretty happy I suppose. Besides this I had a
look at the KDEAdmin Module and found some other pieces Im kind of wondering
about.

KDat - As this is something that seems to make it easier for people who are
basically "Tape-Monkeys" switching from Windows to a free Software Operating
system, I'm wondering if we could/should/would have to rewrite it to
reintegrate it back into the current theme and usabillity schema of the KDE4
series or drop it as is.

strigi-analyzer -  by now the only analyzer in there is the rpm file analyzer.
Which is a bit sad. The question, now, is weren't there any
users/developers/contributers coming up to you asking you to include their
file-analyzer(such as deb,ogg,mp3,etc.) or were most of them not building/not
appropriate to be released under the KDE SC seal?

KUser -  I think this could be integrated into systemsettings since it looks
to me like its a UserManagement system like we had in the Control-Center in
KDE3 right?

lilo-config -  Are there people who do not know/use Grub and arent in the
embedded space?

These are most of what I can say to most of the modules/apps in KdeAdmin . If
you have answers/thoughts please let me know I am really curious.

Cheers,

Andreas Marschke.

PS: Well I had some free time on my hands
(/me hails to the inventor of School holidays)