List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Questions about the kmid2 usability review process
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-01-22 23:47:41

A Divendres, 22 de gener de 2010, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas va escriure:
> On Friday, January 22, 2010, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > I'm not sure it makes sense you taking over kmid product or creating a
> > kmid2 product, is the new kmid2 going to be presented as a new program or
> > as the kde4 version of kmid?
>
> It is a new version of kmid. The name leaves little doubt about that. It
>  has pretty much the same functionality, or equivalent. It shares also a
>  similar look and feel. At the same time, it was radically rewritten. Not a
>  very different situation compared to other projects, like Amarok 2.

Ok, so your bugzilla account just won some more powers and is now the default
bug owner for new kmid bugs. Enjoy!

> I would like to replace the old codebase in extragear with the new one, and
> drop the suffix "2" from the "kmid2" name. But this can't be done right
>  now: there is a project named kmid in extragear, and a freshmeat.net page,
>  and kmid packages on some distros, and lots of other little details.
>
> > > About the moving to kdereview from playground: After the next release
> > > I'm going to do the move, to be placed later in extragear. Is there any
> > > showstopper for this?
> >
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/SVN_Guidelines has the list of things
> > you should have prior to moving to kdereview.
>
> This doesn't help me, I was asking for opinions. I've read the policy text
>  and it is clear for me, but I'm new here and could use some experienced
>  wise words.

Sorry, that's all i had to offer :D
Basically if you have a manual, you are more or less krazy free and i18n is in
place, you should not have big problems passing the review stage.

Albert