List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kde4.4-X build,  can pgsql  or sqlite  be used insted of mysql?
From:       sibu xolo <sibxol () btconnect ! com>
Date:       2010-01-22 20:04:39

Greetings,

I am about to start on a build of kde-4.4.x  on a pure 64-bit (amd64) Linux
setup.  I visited this  page:-
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/LFS.  Under section 2.5Qt
it mentions  option for compiling qt as follows:-

"  ./configure -no-separate-debug-info -plugin-sql-mysql -I/usr/include/mysql \
-plugin-sql-sqlite -optimized-qmake -nomake  demos -nomake examples -fast -dbus "

(I have qt-4.6.0-X11 sources and  one of the options from ./configure --help
reads:-
2-plugin-sql-<driver>     where <driver> = [db2, ibase, mysql, oc1, odbc,
psql, sqlite, sqlite2, sqlite-symbian, td5]"

I do not have mysql installed,  I have postgresql and sqlite installed.  So:-

QUESTION1:     Could postgresql  ( the
option -plugin-sql-psql -I/~pgsql/include/XXX) be used as a substitute or
must mysql be installed  and if so is the full server needed?
QUESTION2 if pgsql  can be used what is  the required header  labelled XXX
in -I/~pgsql/include/XXX above?
QUESTION3:  If pgsql  cannot be used can sqlite be used and what is the
required header?

advice will be appreciated

sincerely
sx