List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: libc bug Question
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2010-01-07 23:13:02

On 08.01.10 09:06:21, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> I'm working/testing with self compiled KDE trunk on Karmic (backports and all
> updates) - not sure if the libc bug is fixed on that.
>

> What's the story with the MALLOC_CHECK_ var? I have it set to "1", does this
> workaround the problem? and is it a runtime thing or do I have to build KDE
> with it set?

Its a runtime thing, but you have to make sure its set before the
crashing apps are started (this mostly hits multi-threaded apps,
single-threaded ones are often ok). And better than setting it to 1 is
setting it to 0, as the actual printing of the memory-warning causes the
race-condition (as far as I understood).

Andreas

--
Excellent time to become a missing person.