List:       kde-devel
Subject:    error compiling kdesupport
From:       Mike Hancock <javaiscoolmike () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-01-02 17:15:00

Hi.  I am new to KDE development.  I have been trying to learn off and
on since last year.  Before I had the unstable build compiled with no
problems (and was happily able to do the tutorial example programs,
and even start my own small first app), but I noticed it (the unstable
build of trunk) stopped compiling for me lately.  So I decided to
delete all the files I had in the ~/kde directory and redo the
instructions on the "Getting Started/Build/KDE4" tech-base page to
compile it.  But this time I am getting stuck, and googleing the error
returns zero web-pages. I am getting the following error when I try to
compile kdesupport:

/home/kde-devel/kde/src/trunk/kdesupport/strigi/src/streamanalyzer/saxeventanalyzer.cpp:30:2:
error: #error Strigi needs a thread safe version of libxml2

I am using Kubuntu (karmic), and I have the libxml2 and the
libxml2-dev packages installed.  I am not sure if this package is a
thread-safe version of that library nor how I would be able to tell.
I have also tried to set the svn revision to the revision on dashboard
(http://developer.kde.org/~dirk/dashboard/) that says that it compiles
successfully.  Is there a way to compile kdesupport without strigi so
I can avoid problem?

Thanks,
Mike Hancock