List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KIO dialogs for creating urls
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2009-12-29 13:35:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday, 2009-12-29, Johannes Wienke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 29.12.2009 13:17 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> >>
> >> No, that doesn't help because you still have to kow how a valid url
> >> looks like and what protocols are supported. :\
> >
> > Maybe the KNetAttach assistant? Or using remote: as the base URL of a
> > dialog?
>
> Thanks, that sound promising. But as far as I can see, I can only create
> new connections to remote resources via dolphin or konqueror? At least
> here on my system I can't use the connection dialog in file open / save
> dialogs. Is there any way to start this dialog from my application?

You can most likely run it through KRun, maybe in combination with a query for
its .desktop file using KService::serviceByDesktopName()

However, at least on my system it is already available in the standard file
dialog by clicking on the "network" entry in the "places" side panel of the
dialog, because this switched the dialog's file are to display "remote:/"

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring