List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Polkit-qt, Polkit-qt-1 and polkit-kde new releases
From:       Dario Freddi <drf54321 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-23 13:48:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello people,

I just put out a new release of polkit-qt, and the first releases of polkit-
qt-1 and polkit-kde. Tarballs are here:

ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/polkit-qt-1/polkit-qt-1-0.95.1.tar.bz2
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/apps/KDE4.x/admin/polkit-qt-0.9.3.tar.bz2
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/apps/KDE4.x/admin/polkit-kde-1-0.95.1.tar.bz2

Trunk now opt-depends on these new versions of polkit-qt*. I apologize for the
late move, but it was necessary, since polkit-qt-1 still did not have a proper
release, and polkit-qt suffered from 2 major problems (version check depending
on pkgconfig and a bug in QtDBus in Qt 4.6) that required a release and a
dependency on the new version to be fixed.

Even if the move is not nice, it should assure a fairly smooth
KDE+KAuth+Polkit/PolicyKit experience in SC 4.4RC1+.

For more details on what the heck polkit-qt and polkit-qt-1 are, what's the
difference between them, and why you should be interested in one of them or
both, please read my blog post trying to explain a bit the situation:
http://drfav.wordpress.com/2009/12/22/polkit-and-kde-lets-make-the-point-of-
the-situation