List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Deactivate preview for usb devices
From:       Michael Szafranek <michsza () gmx ! de>
Date:       2009-12-19 10:54:18

Hey folks,

having a problem with  my USB devices with vfat and KDE4. When I mount a
device it blocks the complete system for about 1-2 minutes. Especially when
mounting  the device via Dolphin. After some investigation I found the
deactivating preview improves performance nevertheless it takes a lot of time
to open folders. USB devices with ext3 have a better performance so it seams
it is a vfat specific problem.

Does anyone has a idea how to solve this problem? I would prefer using the
preview feature also on usb devices but performance is more important.

Ah, I'm using KDE 4.3.4 with Arch Linux.

Greetings

Michael