List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Writing a new view mode for dolphin
From:       Ian Wadham <iandw.au () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-16 0:27:35

On Tuesday 15 December 2009 8:09:06 pm Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 11:07 PM, Ryan McCoskrie
>
> <ryan.mccoskrie@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've been trying to put a new view mode into dolphin for a while now and
> > I'm having trouble telling exactly how much forward motion I'm making.
> >
> > Can some please tell me what the minimum set of additions are (i.e. are
> > configuration boxes necessary?) and how I'm meant to put it into the menu
> > of view modes (something that I've failed to tell if I have done or not).
>
> Why don't you write a KPart for use in Konqueror instead? I'm missing
> the specialized views myself too.

Hmmmm ... since I switched to a KDE 4 desktop a couple of weeks ago
(KDE 4.3.1) I am finding that the Folder View plasmoid is brilliant at
drilling down and finding photos (I have about 2,000 in Digikam and
elsewhere), as long as I know roughly where they are.  I find I hardly
need a file-manager any more ...

Cheers, Ian W.