List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [Patch] bug 198661
From:       Markus <kamikazow () web ! de>
Date:       2009-12-12 18:39:40

Am Samstag 12 Dezember 2009 17:13:24 schrieb Ravi Vagadia:

> if there are any changes required i'll do it :)

Yes, you need to wait. ;-)
Your patch adds a new string and that means it's too late for KDE Plasma 4.4.
I don't know when 4.4 will be branched and trunk will be open again for
development, but sadly the patch needs to wait until then.
What you could to is to release you modified task bar plasmoid seperately so
that Plasma 4.4 users (maybe even 4.3 users) can use it in the meantime.

News of your patch couldn't come at a better timing. Smooth Tasks (which I use
solely for this option) us currently very buggy and takes down Plasma several
times a day.

If you plan to write more patches, apply for an SVN account (see TechBase for
details). While you're waiting for reply, read through KDE's documentation
regarding string freeze, soft feature freeze and definitive feature freeze.
:-)

Thanks for your patch.
Markus