List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDM setup on Kubuntu
From:       "Diego Casella \(\[Po\]lentino\)" <polentino911 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-06 23:15:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi all,
today today I installed Kubuntu Karmic, and then I build KDE from trunk as
usual, removing the default one.
Then, instead of creating a /etc/init.d/kdm file and configuring it as
usual, I wanted to do that in the right way, using the Upstart service to
manage kdm.
So I had a look to the README file shipped with the sources (
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kdm/README?view=markup ),
but seems *a little* old and it doesnt't refer about how to setup kdm with
Upstart.
So, my question is: does anybody knows how to manage kdm in Kubuntu ? And,
what about updating that guide?
Thanks,

Cheers !!