List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMid2 name
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-03 13:54:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 03 December 2009 12:25:31 Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
> I wonder about a name change ...
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KMID
>
> Thoughts, hints?

My first thought was to leave well alone - as users would recognise it's
niche.  However, on reading your link, I think you may have a point.  The name
has been around for some years and no-one tried to start a legal battle, but
in these litigious times, who know?  You could certainly ask KDE e.V for
advice, as they have a legal team.

You could, of course, change it to KMidi - but there used to be a KMidi as
well as a KMid.  I don't know how you'd feel about that.  Checking up, it
looks as though KMidi was unmaintained in 2003, so probably few users remember
it (http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=105403839631912&w=2).  It could
be the solution to your problem.

Anne
--