List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMid2 status
From:       Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-02 20:23:39

On Wednesday, December 2, 2009, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dimarts, 1 de desembre de 2009, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas va escriure:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I've been developing KMid2 (a MIDI/karaoke player) in
> > playground-multimedia SVN for several weeks, and yesterday published the
> > first preview release. Packages are available at SourceForge:
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmid2/files/
> >
> > My plan is moving it to extragear-multimedia some day, and continue the
> > development, not depending on the KDE SC release cycle. That's why I've
> > created the SF project site.
> >
> > At this point, the initial features are completed, with Linux support
> > only, a single MIDI output port, and no KPart. I would like to stop here
> > to think about the work done, and listen to the community and users'
> > feedback.
> >
> > Is it a good time to move the repository to kdereview? Maybe I should
> > wait until 4.4 is released, or later?
>
> It's your app, if you are not inside the KDE SC releases you decide the
> time for it :-)
>
> > Is there something missing or a forgotten step to fulfill before?
>
> Well, there is a checklist for kdereview minimum things, have you looked at
> it? It's Stage 2 of http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/SVN_Guidelines

Yes, I am aware of it. I think that KMid2 is ready for Stage 2, in its way to
extragear. I've made one release, and want to continue to develop it.

Checks:
* user documentation in docbook format is at:
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/multimedia/doc/kmid2/
* developers documentation for libraries. KMid2 is not a library, but I have
written doxygen documentation for aseqmm, which is  statically linked to
KMid2. Not sure if I must include a doxyfile in the directory aseqmm. I
prefer to not do it now.
* no krazy code checker issues reported.
http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/krazy/reports/playground/multimedia/kmid2/index.html
http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/sanitizer/reports/playground/multimedia/kmid2/index.html
* basic usability review. I don't know how to request a review. Please advice.
* basic problems with a profiler. I've used Valgrind, without detecting clear
memory leaks. Please advice if there is something else, or a formal process
to fulfill.
* KMid2 has been already completely translated by several l10n teams. Tell me
if there are issues about this.

If there are documents with more information, please give me pointers. I would
prefer another communication channel instead of IRC, if possible.

Regards,
Pedro