List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Upstream bugs... (Qt)
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-11-26 18:54:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Em Quinta-feira 26. Novembro 2009, Ã s 18.50.11, Parker Coates escreveu:
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 12:12, Alexis Ménard wrote:
> >>
> >> By the way is the minimal test case really required?
> >
> > It's not mandatory, but it is good for Qt Developers. It's more
> > efficient, we don't have to checkout the part of KDE (mess up our dev
> > machine with development version of KDE) that we need to reproduce and
> > fix the bug. Most important is Qt Devs that don't have KDE/Linux, they
> > can't help without test case, they don't have a proper KDE set up.
>
> How do you feel about testcases in languages other than C++? Obviously
> if the bug is related to pointers or crashes or other low level stuff,
> C++ is the only option that makes sense, but for simple functionality
> issues ("This widget does <something weird> when I do <action>.")
> whipping up an example in PyQt is only about a quarter of the effort.

We don't make PyQt, so we cannot accept bugs against it or using it as a
testcase. Sorry.

A PyQt testcase is only slightly better than describing the problem in plain
English. It's still way short from a proper C++ testcase which we can just
plug into the automatic test system.

> I've submitted a couple of bugs to Qt with PyQt testcases, but I
> haven't heard back either way. Both bugs have been fixed, but I'm not
> sure if that has anything to do with my reporting. :)

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358