List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: junior jobs
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2009-11-23 9:35:38

On Monday 23 November 2009, Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 09:47, Cyrille Berger <cberger@cberger.net> wrote:
> > On Sunday 22 November 2009, Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> > you get many more results by looking for JJ: in the title, which is the
> > link you get on bugs.kde.org (or in techbase or kde.org) for junior jobs:
> > https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_des
> >c=JJ:&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status
> >=REOPENED (82, only 18 to go ;p)
>
> The link I used is from the sidebar on bugzilla and should therefor be
> used.
I tend to read the body of a page first... where the link use JJ
> Links elsewhere need to be changed to use the keyword.
> Where on techbase is the other link?
http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Junior_Jobs
http://kde.org/getinvolved/development/

But if you change the links, I would suggest to contact a bugzilla admin to
see if he can change JJ: bugs to have the keyboard.

> > There are also many JJs that are not recorded on bugzilla but on techbase
> > (or linked from there): http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Junior_Jobs
>
> Clearly not a brilliant idea. I hope you agree ;-)
I don't know, I don't find bugzilla very convenient either... I would think
that a wiki page, with short description, needed knowledge, longer description
(and even a mockup) and contact would be better, that an unorgnaized list of
comments. The wiki page could link to a bugzilla report.

--
Cyrille Berger