List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Akonadi and KMail problems
From:       Michael Jansen <kde () michael-jansen ! biz>
Date:       2009-11-22 18:11:32

On Sunday 22 November 2009 17:45:54 Marcus Camen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sonntag 22 November 2009, annemarie.mahfouf@free.fr wrote:
> > After several days away I came back yesterda and updated KDE trunk and
> >  then I started it with a new $KDEHOME. I don't have MySQL thus Akonadi
> >  does not work but it tries anyway to start. I issued
> > kwriteconfig --file kres-migratorrc --group Migration --key Enabled
> >  --type bool false
> > but that does not prevent it to try to start.
> >
> > What can I do to prevent Akonadi trying to start and blocking KMail?
>
> Seems you cannot use KMail without Akonadi anymore.
>
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-commits&m=125873556427252

But as i told them many times it should handle the case of akonadi not
beeing there or capable enough much better.

It freezes, crashes repeatedly (1771 core dumps in 14 minutes, fixed that myself)
and does other really weird stuff.

Now the really annoying thing is that yesterday only the server could start. All clients had
problems but kmail worked anyway.

Mike