--nextPart4514402.Aa6BHk4REn Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit Op Wednesday 18 November 2009 19:48 schreef u: > I have been maintaining and improving KDE3 for Ubuntu for a while now, and > have accumulated a massive set of patches that: > * Add lots of functionality > * Fix old bugs > * Allow compilation on new systems > > How would I go about including them into the KDE3 SVN/GIT, and then > generating a new 3.5.11 release? Hi, KDE3 is not supported any more, although we might publish security issues, we - as in the release team - will not make a 3.5.11 release. The 3.5 branch in any case is closed for features and string changes, so you can not commit those. I think the best thing you could do, is just make a website which gathers the patches. If you don't want to and want to work on a new KDE version with your patches, you are pretty much on your own though, I'ld suggest you rename it for clarity in that case. I don't think we can bind the KDE brand to such a version... Again, I would think it is best to create a webpage with the patches you have. Distributions can then pick the patches they want to include. If you add the proper warnings on the page, I even think Techbase can be a nice place for it. Toma -- KDE Developer --nextPart4514402.Aa6BHk4REn Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe << --nextPart4514402.Aa6BHk4REn--