List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE3 maintenance
From:       "Timothy Pearson" <kb9vqf () pearsoncomputing ! net>
Date:       2009-11-18 20:36:07

On Wed, November 18, 2009 2:27 pm, Martin Sandsmark wrote:
>  Onsdag 18. november 2009 21.10.23 skrev Timothy Pearson :
>> Right now they are only on my devel computers and embedded in the Ubuntu
>> PPA system, but I would be happy to publish them on my website--just
>> give
>> me a day or two to get them uploaded.
>
> That would be nice. I'll notify our KDE 3 guys (if they aren't reading
> this
> list, hi philip and dennis! :-P).
>
>> I thought KDE3 was maintained as long as someone was willing to maintain
>> it??
>
> That's a tautology. :-P
I know, I know :-)  I can't find the Web page now, but there was something
a while back about being willing to keep KDE3 in offical development
status if someone stepped forward to continue.

>> There are still many things I love about KDE3 that are not in
>> KDE4--the "old-style" UI and configurability mainly, but some of my
>> patches have added functionality that doesn't exist in KDE4 AFAIK (e.g.
>> krandrtray easy output switching)
>
> Whatever floats your boat. :-)
>
> Btw., krandrtray works pretty well here (not that I'm 100% certain what
> you
> mean with "easy output switching", but I think krandrtray in KDE 4 has
> it).

I am referring to this...
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Kde3/Karmic#KRandrTray

Can't live without it now! :-)