List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE3 maintenance
From:       "Timothy Pearson" <kb9vqf () pearsoncomputing ! net>
Date:       2009-11-18 20:10:23

On Wed, November 18, 2009 1:36 pm, Martin Sandsmark wrote:
>  Onsdag 18. november 2009 19.48.01 skrev Timothy Pearson :
>> I have been maintaining and improving KDE3 for Ubuntu for a while now,
>> and
>> have accumulated a massive set of patches that:
>>  * Add lots of functionality
>>  * Fix old bugs
>>  * Allow compilation on new systems
>
> Where can we browse these patches? (We still maintain kdemod-legacy with
> KDE 3
> in Archlinux, but I wasn't aware of any substantial amount of work on it.)
>
> --
> Martin T. Sandsmark

Hi Martin,

Right now they are only on my devel computers and embedded in the Ubuntu
PPA system, but I would be happy to publish them on my website--just give
me a day or two to get them uploaded.

I thought KDE3 was maintained as long as someone was willing to maintain
it??  There are still many things I love about KDE3 that are not in
KDE4--the "old-style" UI and configurability mainly, but some of my
patches have added functionality that doesn't exist in KDE4 AFAIK (e.g.
krandrtray easy output switching)

Thanks!

Timothy Pearson