List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kdesupport from SVN and taglib
From:       Ian Wadham <iandw.au () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-11-10 21:20:23

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:50:33 pm Alessandro Sivieri wrote:
> Yes, deleting the taglib directory and svn updating it solved the problem;
> the same problem also happened with kdelibs and the oxygen directory; maybe
> it is related on how kdesvn-build downloads the snapshots before launching
> svn update, but I don't know exactly how this works, so I cannot tell if
> this is the real problem.

I struck both problems yesterday (with oxygen and taglib) and have never
been anywhere near kdesvn-build.  I was updating kdelibs, kdepimlibs and
kdebase trunk which I had at a revision from about the time of KDE 4.3
release (in July/August).  I also found I had to update kdesupport because
of kdepimlibs requiring akonadi, hence I ran into the taglib problem.  I am
using the cs, cb, cmakekde recipes to update my copy of KDE trunk.

In each case (oxygen and taglib) SVN was complaining about adding a
directory that was already present in the working copy.  I think this may
happen when the repository has a directory that was SVN deleted and
then SVN added again later.  Maybe the SVN client does not have the
ability to rm -rf the obsolete directory in the working copy before trying
to SVN add the new version.  Anyway doing the rm -rf manually and
then SVN update, solved both problems for me.

Cheers, Ian W.