List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Upstream
From:       Kevin Ottens <ervin () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-11-09 6:36:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 9 November 2009 01:27:47 David Hubner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created a KCM Module that is a solid based device viewer. I have had
> some people say that i should try to move this upstream. Would this be the
> kind of application to move upstream?

IMO yes, it'd be a good addition to what we have in kdebase already.

> What would it entail to move it upstream if it is decided that is should be?

Well, first the code would have to be moved in the KDE svn repository (if it's
not already there) in the playground section. You can then spend time
stabilizing, making it shiny, etc. Once you reach the quality level you want
with it, it has to move into the kdereview section where you'll collect
feedback about it. Once the review period is over you're supposed to get a go
(in which case it moves at its final place) or a no-go, then you're encouraged
to improve it, incorporate feedback and try again later.

Good job on working on it, and welcome on board. ;-)

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net