List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kubuntu asking for input
From:       Markus <kamikazow () web ! de>
Date:       2009-11-03 15:57:44

Hi.
First of all: Great to see your project.
9.10 looks to be quite good, too. (To put my praise in context: I'm the one
responsible for the infamous Flickr set:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/19616885@N00/sets/72157608562200171/ )

Regarding the patch policy:
I think that the amount of custom patches should be kept low. For example,
I've never understood, why Kubuntu ships "dumped down" version of Kate, when
KWrite is IMHO the better choice for common users.

Features should not be backported from trunk. Bugfixes are, of course, another
matter.

Despite my attitude that custom patches should be kept low, I like when a
distro has its own identity. openSUSE for example uses green "Air" graphics --
retaining SUSE's greenish look, while at the same time recognizable as KDE.

Markus