List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ThumbCreator questions
From:       "Peter Penz" <peter.penz () gmx ! at>
Date:       2009-10-29 11:09:17

Hi Stefan,

> Hi,
>
> I'm hacking on a ThumbCreator plugin for Palapeli puzzles. It seems to
> work,
> but I've got some questions:
>
> 1. In Dolphin, the thumbnail is only displayed in the "Information" area,
> not
> in the central list view. What could be the reason for this?

In the Information Panel the caching mechanism of the thumbnails is not used. I guess \
(but I'm not sure) that probably you have some outdated thumbnails in your \
~/.thumbnail directory (maybe those caches have been created during your code was not \
finalized). Either adjusting the timestamp of your files or deleting the ~/.thumbnail \
directory could bypass this problem.

> 2. Image previews (the image/* mimetypes) have some nice shadow around it.
> Is
> there an easy way to get this, or do I have to copy code from the image
> thumbnail creator? (If the latter is true, where can I find it?)

The shadow is drawn by a private class in kdelibs/kfile/kfilepreviewgenerator.cpp

I'd also be happy to have this kind of shadow available for other usecases too (e. g. \
in the Information Panel), but I currently don't have the time to do the refactoring \
and think about a proper integration of this shadow to the thumbnails :-/

Best regards,
Peter