List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KIO / KIO Slave implementation
From:       Douglas Schmidt <douglaslondrina () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-10-28 18:35:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi, I need some directions on the Kdelibs code base.

I'm developing a media center that "hides" the filesystem from the user, it
manage all the resources at a easy way.
Part of the development is to launch the KOffice suite from my application,
that's working, but when in KOffice, if the user ask to open or save a file
the KFileDialog shows the default directory tree, the home user, etc.

What we look for is a way of remove the default model from KFileDialog and
put a new one made by us, or by a KIO Slave, creating a new model, or by
changing the KFileDialog's code "by force".

I'll be glad if someone show to this padawan the right path!

Thanks in advance.

---
Douglas Schmidt
Undergrad Student at