List:       kde-devel
Subject:    [SOLVED - kinda] Re: Correct way of obtaining an icon
From:       Thomas Olsen <tanghus () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-10-23 10:01:51

On 23/10-2009 11:08 Oszkar Ambrus <oszkar.ambrus@deri.org> wrote:
> Thomas Olsen wrote:
> > I must be missing something here. I have tried (Python syntax) the
> > following ways:
> >
> > And the Button still shows no icon.
> >
> > I'll probably be slapping my forehead when someone points out what I'm
> > doing wrong :-)
>
> I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, but I had similar problems a
> couple of weeks back,
> and in the end I just wrote (and it worked):
>
> buttonUp->setIcon(KIcon("arrow-up"));

Thanks for the suggestion. Didn't help though.

> You might want to check that you have that icon in the theme that is
> currently selected (if your current theme is not Oxygen for example, it
> might not find anything - I had almost all of my icons in the oxygen
> folder).

I tried to check what Icon the IconLoader would find by:

    iconloader = KIconLoader()
    print "Path: " + str(iconloader.iconPath("arrow-down", iconloader.Small))

and it prints /usr/share/icons/oxygen/16x16/actions/arrow-down.png which
exists.

Now I just tried to do:

    self.collapse_button.nativeWidget().setIcon(KIcon("arrow-down"))

so it must be a bug in the Plasma lib.

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

  Thomas Olsen