--nextPart5014483.cjpvzeLqIg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit Op Friday 23 October 2009 11:15 schreef u: > On Friday 23 October 2009 03:15:22 Frank Weng (a.k.a. Franklin) wrote: > > ? 2009 ? 10 ? 23 ? ??? 10:10:05?John Tapsell ??: > > > I upgraded to Ubuntu 9.10 and the first thing I was presented with was > > > a dialog box telling me that Akonadi server had failed to start. The > > > dialog was very complex, listing various components with their status. > > > Something to do with errors in my mysql server log (?). > > > > > > It did not tell me at all what Akonadi was, whether the error serious, > > > and what to do. > > > > > > I think that this sort of thing really has a negative impact on first > > > impressions. > > > > > > Worse still, I get this error box every time I start up KDE. And > > > there's no clue on how to get it to just go away. > > > > > > > This might be better to put in kde-user. > > > No, it won't help. I've been asking this question for 6 months, and even > asked several people at GCDS, and still haven't got any answer. My symptoms > are exactly as John describes, plus something about not registering with DBus. > I've seen others describe the same symptoms. We still have no idea what to do > about it. > > > For me, I solved the annoying startup warning problem. However, I still > > had no any idea about how it worked, and any further advanced usage. > > > If either you or John can shed any light on this I'll gladly file it on > UserBase and feed it into MLs when appropriate. Thanks > > Anne The report the dialog generates can be attached to a bugreport. Or hop into the #akonadi channel for live support. Toma --nextPart5014483.cjpvzeLqIg Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe << --nextPart5014483.cjpvzeLqIg--