Hi, On Monday 19 October 2009, Tony Brown wrote: > Well just one more user use case for you... > I often have mutiple pages that I wish to convert into a multiple page > pdf file. I don't have an auto-document feeder, just a flatbed > scanner. It seems that emailing scanned pages in a pdf file has become > the new "fax machine" > The current workflow is... > 1. scan each page with skanlite to jpeg ( skanlite doesn't support > save as tiff, IIRC )] > 2. convert each page file from jpg to tiff ( using imagemagick ) > 3. join each page tiff file into a single multi-page tiff (tiffcp) > 4. convert that into a pdf ( tiff2pdf ) > ...which all requires a bit of knowledge about the commands required. > An app that automates that in a way that a noivce could use would be > more than great! > If I'm not mistaken, I think imagemagick can convert directly from jpeg to pdf. So the work-flow would be: 1. scan each page to jpeg 2. convert *.jpg outfilename.pdf But, that is not a novice friendly approach :( There is an application called kopier in playground/graphics/kopier/ that does save multiple page PDFs. I have not checked it lately, so I don't know in what state it is. -- Kåre Särs >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<