List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Pointing cmake to KDE trunk include directory
From:       Andreas Marschke <xxtjaxx () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-10-06 14:50:13

On Tuesday 06 October 2009 08:21:34 Thilo-Alexander Ginkel wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I successfully set up a build environment for KDE trunk using kdesvn-build.
Great!

> Now I also synced playground and added some code I developed to a
>  sub-folder. Unfortunately, I did not yet manage to get it to compile as I
>  cannot use kdesvn-build to build the project as kdesvn-build does not seem
>  to support building sub-projects nested deeper than two levels.
Wrong! Just try to add another add_subdirectory to the CMakeLists.txt in the
directory above your stuff.

e.g.:
cat ~/playground/games/CMakeLists.txt
add_subdirectory(my_coolstuff)
In ~/playground/games/my_coolstuff should be your toplevel.

>  When I
>  manually invoke cmake and make, however, the wrong KDE include directory
>  (from KDE 4.3.1) seems to take effect instead of the trunk version located
>  at ~/kde/. I already tried setting CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH to no avail.
You might need to add a new user to not destroy/irritate  _your_ user account.
for this follow the instructions on techbase :
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started

In this respect you will have to modify CMAKE_MODULES_PATH, too. This way
CMAKE finds the newer (better!) KDE4.cmake modules that building software on
kde4 is dependant on.

Have a good hack,

Andreas Marschke