Aaron J. Seigo wrote: >> being easy to integrate. >> > > perhaps take a look > kdebase/workspace/plasma/desktop/shell/interactiveconsole.cpp .. it has both > QTextEdit (though without syntax highlighting) and KPart usage. integration of > each is pretty straight-forward. > > QTextEdit is indeed a bit quicker to get integrated, but that's mostly because > of the good Qt API docs vs having to figure out a couple of things with the > KTextEditor interface. > Thanks for the useful example! I don't mind having to figure out stuff with KTextEditor, because I'll probably use it instead of QTextEdit. > having recently written something that uses a KDE text editor part when > available but falls back to QTextEdit if it isn't, speed really isn't a > concern. i wrote the QTextEdit bit first (since it was the fallback :) and > then added the KParts bit. speed was not impacted noticeably and the editor > area got a bunch of nice features like code folding and autocomplete. > I did something with QSyntaxHighlighting, and I managed to do it very quickly, because I only needed a few regular expressions. But I'll probably also check out KateParts in the future, because it is very useful, when appropriately used. Thanks a lot, Oszkar > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > > >>> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe << >>> -- Oszkár Ambrus "Whoever believes in the Son [Jesus Christ] has eternal life" (John 3:36) Masters Student, Digital Enterprise Research Institute, NUIG [http://www.deri.ie] >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<