List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: syntax highlighter component?
From:       Oszkar Ambrus <oszkar.ambrus () deri ! org>
Date:       2009-09-25 17:00:39

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On September 25, 2009, Oszkar Ambrus wrote:
>
>> I considered using KatePart, but I'd like something far more lightweight.
>>

> may i ask: lightweight in which way? (that i've assumed you've measured.) and

Without having to use too many external classes and components,

with as few features and dependencies as possible, being easy to integrate.
> why?

Because it's just a small feature, that is not essential,
and I wouldn't invest time in studying a complex component.
Also I'd like it not to slow down the app.

Cheers,
Oszkar