List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDirWatch::contains() crashes
From:       Milian Wolff <mail () milianw ! de>
Date:       2009-09-16 22:23:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Aleix Pol, 16.09.2009:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 12:19 AM, Milian Wolff <mail@milianw.de> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > In KDevelop we spot crashes like these every now and then:
> >
> > #6  KDirWatchPrivate::entry (this=0x50, _path=@0xbfd7d5b8) at
> > /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qmap.h:172
> > #7  0xb7b77bed in KDirWatch::contains (this=0xa1f0bf0, _path=@0xbfd7d5b8)
> > at
> > /build/buildd/kde4libs-4.3.1/kio/kio/kdirwatch.cpp:1717
> > #8  0xaa8f074e in CMakeManager::dirtyFile (this=0x9e65900,
> > dirty=@0xbfd7d5b8)
> > at kdevelop/projectmanagers/cmake/cmakemanager.cpp:797
> >
> > The code is:
> >  void CMakeManager::dirtyFile(const QString & dirty)
> > {
> >   else {
> >        foreach(KDevelop::IProject* project, m_watchers.uniqueKeys())
> >        {
> >            if(m_watchers[project]->contains(dirty)) // this is loc 797
> >                reload(project->projectItem());
> >        }
> >    }
> > }
> >
> > Has anyone an idea what the problem is? Is it not safe to call
> > ::contains() from a dirty() slot?
> > --
> > Milian Wolff
> > mail@milianw.de
> > http://milianw.de

> Can you reproduce that?  do you have the full backtrace?

Not consistently, but I think apaku will remember as well that we also got the
same / a similar backtrace for the genericmanager some time ago. And as I
remember not once. Hence why I posted this here after I encountered it myself
(albeit in the cmake manager).

I think I'll have to do some more stress-testing with randomly, adding &
deleting items in a project while running valgrind. That should hopefully
clear things up.

--
Milian Wolff
mail@milianw.de