Hi everyone. First of all, I'm so sorry if this email is not correct, I tried to reach tpatzig who is the current maintainer of kbluetooth before doing anything, but I had no success :/ I'm starting to work on kbluetooth, adding small features which make the application more usable, and when doing it I wondered what kbluetooth lacks to be integrated in KDE (right now, we don't have any kind of bluetooth support). So I'm writing this email to: inform everybody what is the current situation, decide what would be the best way to integrate kbluetooth and of course to build the feature list together. Current situation highlight: -kbluetooth is living in playground, and afaik is unmaintained. -kbluetooth is a set of utilities linked in a systray application, and is this application who allow the user to do almost everything he can want to do. -The kioslave is not working, it was ported to kde4 in a gsoc. -The implemented features are working quite well, at least I haven't any problem sending/receiving files, or using the lock feature. This are, in my opinion, the minimum features we should have before integrate it in kde (KDE 4.4): -kbluetooth application should be stable as a rock. -A KDED module who check if the user have or not BT devices. If he does, kbluetooth should be launched. Also will be aware of plug/unplug actions. -A send-> action in dolphinpart. And finally, this is the full feature set I'd like to have (KDE 4.5): -Global KCM module to configure everything related to bluetooth. -Kioslave full working and added to places by default (to discover devices, browse it etc). -kbluetooth application which allow to the user to do everything he wants to do with a couple of clicks. -KDED module to control the kbluetooth4 execution. About dates, have the minimum needed features for kde 4.4 is not a crazy idea, since kbluetooth itself is quite stable as I said before. So, what are your thought about this topic? anything I'm missing? Thanks! -- Alex Fiestas >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<