List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Plasma questions
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-08-28 19:16:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 28 August 2009 19:09:14 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On August 28, 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Could some Plasma developer please take a look at
> > http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fedora-kde/2009-August/003853.ht
> >ml ?
> >
> > I can confirm his observations - all of them, including 5 Activities when
> > we expected to see 4.
>
> it creates a new activity for each desktop without re-using existing ones.
> yes, could probably be better.

That explains it.

> > I could use some guidance in answering him.  Also, unlike an earlier
> > version, it is far from obvious how to delete an Activity.  I have been
> > told this before, but can't find the message.  Sorry about that.
>
> if the activity is associated with a desktop/screen it can't be removed
> until a new activity is associated with it.

No wonder I couldn't find it ;-)

> we're re-doing the overview mode for 4.4 so i'm not particularly interested
> in further work on these things, however.

OK - so the status is -

When you connect Activities with Desktop, it forgets to re-use the one already
there - a bug, to be ignored for the present.

4.4 shouldn't have this problem.

Is the situation similar for the duplication of tool icons on some activities?

Anne