List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Bizarre hard segfault with KFileDialog
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-08-24 6:50:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

On Sunday 23 August 2009, Robin Atwood wrote:
> Every time I use the file open dialog to navigate into my ~/Documents
>  folder it segfaults. I think it is maybe Open Office files saved in
>  .doc format but I am not sure. Can anyone suggest a work-around
>  since it is a bit of a show- stopper: I can't send my CV to anyone.
>  :(
>
> The trace back show the crash is in phonon which is strange since
>  there are no audio files in the folder. Trace-back and directory
>  listing attached.

I got a similar crash in digikam when I used the kde's phonon. Switching
to Qt one fixed it. In that case I'm sure it was caused by some video
files. Here I have a suspicion that some files are wrongly thought that
they are video. Unfortunately I don't have the backtrace anymore and I
switched to qt's phonon, but IIRC it looks quite similar.

Andras