List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Oxygen : More tests AND KUDOS
From:       Andreas Marschke <xxtjaxx () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-08-04 23:50:21

Hi listmates,

while the most of us are happy to get KDE4.3 now around the corner, I hope
you all are encouraged and happy as my self to just jump right into the next
cycle and do what we can do best : MAKE KDE THE NUMBER ONE.

Although I know that most of you may think there is nothing to achieve other
than fixing bugs and adding featrues after this block rocking release I still
hope you understand that for a new kid like me there is allways some more
to do. (and of course some of us dont want to loose their fundings right? ;) )

Any way one of the most important things next to testing and triaging bugs
is making KDE more selfexplanatory and easy to understand for new users.
I just recently had a rather unpleasent suprise of  usabillity issues,  seeing
my mother searching nervously around in an itemgrid for the "place where
my usb key is" though she knew that it was called INTENSO and mounted to
the system.
She was simply not able to look over the item grid with the /tmp/ folder
open. and see that on left hand it was there ,written in in big bold letters.

But that isnt the real reason Im writing this...

Im writing this becasue I beleive now that the stringfreeze isnt on th trunk
anymore we could  do more of the icon/usability tests that Nuno and crew
made for us. I'd say 2 months a new one would be enough or maybe each
month...?

Anyway great release by great people !

Sincerely

Andreas Marschke.