List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: NetBeans 6.7.1
From:       Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-08-01 3:13:45

On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 09:22:59 am Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> Cons:
>
> - No support for CMake (or even QMake), only makefiles.

Yah, that's a shame.

> - Completion is much better in KDevelop.

I find it good enough, but I must admit the code view tools in general in
KDevelop are awesome, only just getting that hang of them now.

> - Opens Qt Designer, Linguist, etc as a new window, out of (not
> embedded in )NetBeans for .ui, .ts, etc. I have two monitors and at
> first I though it was not opening forms, etc, until I noticed they
> were being opened in the other display.

I prefer them in a separate window myself, my screen restate is too small for
embedded stuff.

> I'll stick to KDevelop trunk :-)

I've been trying KDevelop4 via the Kubuntu Karmic distro, currently KDevelop
is vs 3.9.94.

But I have build/run issues which make it unusable for me - would this be the
appropriate forum to discuss them?

--
Lindsay
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home