List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: NetBeans 6.7.1
From:       Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-31 13:02:29

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 04:24:52 pm Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> Anyone tried the new NetBeans release? It supports Qt 4.x Development out
> of the box - integrated build support, code refactoring etc. I've had a
> brief play with it and *very* nice - right up there with Visual Studio
> feature wise. I haven't tried yet but I'm sure it could be used for KDE
> builds as well, just have to add the KDE Libs manually.

Further to that - Works fine for developing KDE Apps, just add libkdegui and
you're done.

Had to do the usual painful tweaking of java parameters to get fonts that
didn't look like c**p :) But I'm finding it really good to use. Class browser,
inline syntax checker and build support are really good. Interface is clean
and stays out of the way, good for the power user. Much more productive than
QtCreator

IMHO an excellent way for Qt/KDE newbies who are familiar with C++ development
to get started.

--
Lindsay
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home