List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to do a HTML welcome screen
From:       Michael Rex <me () rexi ! org>
Date:       2009-07-29 1:07:44

On Wednesday 22 July 2009, Andras Mantia wrote:
> I see. It is still not that hard, I give you the KMail code where to
> look at (lines are for trunk):
>
> kmreaderwin.cpp:
> void KMReaderWin::displayAboutPage() (line 1438) and
> void KMReaderWin::displaySplashPage( const QString &info ) (line 1395)
>
> the CSS comes from $KDEDIRS/share/apps/kdeui/about/kde_infopage.css and
> kde_infopage_rtl.css.

Well, this helped a lot. Now I have a welcome page up and running. With one
small, but in it's effect major (esthetical) problem: my application's icon
is not show on that page. I have done everything analogically to the code
found in KMail (and even checked against the one from Akregator, to see if
there are some relevant differences).

Still, what seems to work for them does not work for me. The application icon
is not displayed on that page (though everything else works fine). What I
mean is the icon specified in the CSS file with a line like:

#headerL {
    background-image: url(top-left-kding.png);
}

After digging into this a little deeper I think the problem is that the CSS
file isn't found. When I replace the line

    @import "welcome.css";

in the "Welcome" page's HTML code with its absolute path equivalent

    @import "/usr/share/kde4/apps/kding/html/welcome.css";

it works the way I want... But this doesn't seem necessary for KMail or
Akregator or Konqueror or the like, and I don't want to use the "hard-coded
path" solution as said path depends on the distribution... Currently I have
no idea why this doesn't work. Did I miss something else?

(In case this matters: I'm using Kubuntu 9.04)

Regards,
Michael

--
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.