It seems that after updating kdebase, the building/installation problems disappeared. I had to update all other KDE related packages however to avoid any conflicts. Now I'm running KDE version 4.3.61.
Thanks for you help.

Charlie

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku@gmx.de> wrote:
On 28.07.09 15:18:32, Michael Leupold wrote:
> Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Michael Leupold<lemma@confuego.org>
> > wrote:

> >> devel/kde/src/kdevelop-3.9.94/debuggers/gdb/processselection.cpp:
> >> devel/kde/src/kdevelop-3.9.94/debuggers/gdb/processselection.cpp:44:
> >>
> >> You need kdebase from KDE 4.3RC1 or newer (preferably 4.3RC3 or trunk).
> >
> > Since when is KDE 4.3RC1 or newer a requirement? I've been building
> > against KDE 4.2.4 for a while and it works fine. (for instace, the
> > Ubuntu packages in my PPA with yesterday's svn checkout from KDevelop
> > and KDevPlatform are built against KDE 4.2.4)
>
> It's probably not strictly a requirement. processselection.cpp says:
> #if KDE_IS_VERSION( 4, 2, 70 )
>     m_processList->setKillButtonVisible(false);
> #endif
>
> So maybe there is something else going wrong in Charles' build. So the
> problem seems to be that his system THINKS it's >4.2 while in fact
> kdebase/workspace isn't.
>
> KSysGuardProcessList::setKillButtonVisible() was added in 4.3 (or 4.2.70
> rather), so if your KDE thinks it's more recent than that but doesn't know
> the method, something is broken.

Yes, his KDE installation is broken. kdelibs is 4.3, but kdebase is still
4.2. Thats simply not supported by us, kdebase needs to have the same minor
version as kdelibs as we don't have any way of checking the kdebase
version.

Andreas

--
You plan things that you do not even attempt because of your extreme caution.