List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kwin maximize-placement and small dialogs
From:       Thomas =?iso-8859-1?q?L=FCbking?= <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2009-07-27 13:15:56

Am Monday 27 July 2009 schrieb Lucas Murray:
> Or you know... the dialogs could actually set the size hints to
> prevent absolutely useless window geometries. That's what they are
> there for.
>
> It's not up to the window manager to determine what the maximum size
> of a window should be.

No, but for one you cannot fix non KDE apps this way and also i thought* it
was more about "dialogs" like kwallets password manager where resizing
actually /may/ make sense (to pass more space to the scrollarea) but a max'd
window usually looks dull (due to the large empty right area - yes i know:
this window has a poor design ;-P )

Thomas

*ok, that might have be misunderstood:
kwallets password /query/ is likely rather broken in this regard... my fault
:-\