List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kwin maximize-placement and small dialogs
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-07-26 1:07:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 25 July 2009, Björn Ruberg wrote:
> I just want to know whether you see a reason not to give a maximal size to
> such dialogs.

it needs to take into consideration that different languages and even dynamic
placement of widgets can change the size. but really, this would just be
working around side-effects of this feature in kwin.

kwin should either have another placement mode that excludes dialogs or the
current maximum placement should be modified to do so. that way it will work
on all dialogs automatically without having to hunt down each and every one.
try asking on kwin@kde.org about the best way to go about doing this...

> Kpassworddialog is my first candidate for that. Problem is,
> that I can only estimate a good maximal size. Hints?

funny you should ask "Hints?", as sizeHint() should give some idea of what a
good size is given the content of the dialog, but i don't think that's the
best way of this as per above. :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se