List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Some beginner questions
From:       daitheflu () free ! fr
Date:       2009-07-22 14:37:39

Hi there,

I'm trying to build a media-center app. I'm currently using Python and a library \
called clutter (see http://www.clutter.org/) to achieve my goal. This choice was \
mainly driven by the fact that I use Gnome as desktop environment. But I recently \
give KDE4 a try and I found in love with it. So, I'm planning to switch. Well, before \
actually switching, I would like to know the consequences on my project.

I'm currently thinking about re-writing the GUI part of my app with Qt (pyQt4), does \
it sounds ok to you ? I will also need to play video files (DVD and subtitles support \
would be much appreciated) and audio files. I've read about Phonon but I'm not really \
sure it can play video, does it ?

Thanks in advance for your answers, any comments will be much appreciated :)

--
François

PS : See http://z3nb0x.indefero.net/p/z3nb0x/ if you want to see what the current \
version looks like.