On Tuesday 14 July 2009, Thiago Macieira wrote: > Depends on what it's trying to parse. I would guess only kwordrc -- but I haven't investigated deeply. There were a number of easier targets inside KOffice itself, but once I had disabled those plugins, kconfig seemed to stand out. > I've tried massif on Dolphin here and the biggest hogs are the font stuff > (freetype, fontconfig and harfbuzz), followed by QIODevice's internal > buffers (sockets and kDebug) and painter caches. > > The largest block (20-25%), however, is from small allocations, between > 1500 and 2000 of them. Those allocations average 1000 to 1200 bytes. > > Running massif at the standard threshold (1%) will limit the display to > allocations over 50 kB or more. You need to run with a lower threshold to > see the bunch of small stuff. I will try that again. But I'd like to kill the big offenders first :-) -- Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<