2009/6/30 Stefan Majewsky : > Am Dienstag 30 Juni 2009 22:57:56 schrieb Benoit Jacob: >> And moreover, "KB" is just a typo, the prefix for "kilo" is lowercase >> k, not uppercase K which is reserved for Kelvin. > > This reason seems questionable: If unit acronyms were not allowed to collide > with prefixes, why is "m" both meter and milli-, or "d" both day and deci-? > > The big "K" is reasonable IMO: There is no collision between different > meanings in "k" and "K". (And most GNU programs use the uppercase "K".) I was just recalling what the SI standards says :) and it says that kilo(1000) is k not K. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SI_prefix We always say kg not Kg, km not Km, kA not KA, kV not KV, so it should be the same for kB not KB. Benoit >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<