List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to configure konqueror to show KB and MB instead of KiB and
From:       Stefan Majewsky <majewsky () gmx ! net>
Date:       2009-06-30 21:15:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Dienstag 30 Juni 2009 22:57:56 schrieb Benoit Jacob:
> And moreover, "KB" is just a typo, the prefix for "kilo" is lowercase
> k, not uppercase K which is reserved for Kelvin.

This reason seems questionable: If unit acronyms were not allowed to collide
with prefixes, why is "m" both meter and milli-, or "d" both day and deci-?

The big "K" is reasonable IMO: There is no collision between different
meanings in "k" and "K". (And most GNU programs use the uppercase "K".)

Greetings
Stefan

P.S. After all, _we_ should always be writing the K uppercase. ;-)