On 28.06.09 19:58:54, Robin Atwood wrote: > >In the KDE3 version of my app I created an extra toolbar with no associated > >menu simply by doing: > > > > toolBar( "extra" )->insertButton(...) > > toolBar( "extra" )->insertComboBox(...) > > > >I tried a similar thing with KDE4 by declaring a couple of KPushButton and > >KComboBox objects and adding them them via: > > > > toolBar( "extra" )->addWidget( pb1 ), etc. > > > >Everything compiled cleanly, so imagine my dismay when after starting the > > app there was no sign of the new toolbar. :( Is it necessary for every > > toolbar to be configured in the XML rc file? Must I use actions rather than > > widgets? > > I didn't get any reply on this so after days of examining the code and looking > at the code in other apps and not finding the problem, I had suddenly had the > insight to delete the ~/.kde/share/config/apprc file in my home directory. > Then the new toolbar appeared. Toolbar setting are saved in apprc and all my > experiments had completely munged it up. HTH some other n00b developer. :) That means you haven't increased the version of your xmlgui file. Thats needed every time you update the file thats installed by your application, else the user-vconfigured-version will override the system-installed version. Andreas -- You will obey or molten silver will be poured into your ears. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<